Here is how to use Instamic as an external wireless microphone with the ProCamera app.
Once configured, the Instamic's audio will be embedded into your video. No need to sync the audio in post :)
1. Launch the Instamic Remote application and connect to your Instamic.
2. Go to Settings and make sure to Disable the Auto-Gain and Enable the Hands-Free Profile Mode on Settings.
2. Go to the Bluetooth Settings of your iDevice and pair Instamic.
If it was already paired, forget the device and re-pair to be sure that Instamic is recognized as a Hands-Free Device.
Two channels should be available and connected. Instamic BLE to trigger the unit and Instamic to stream the audio from Instamic to the phone (if you have renamed Instamic, the second connection will have the same name as your device's name. In this example it is "Instamic Pro").
3. Go back to Instamic Remote and make sure your Instamic is in Hands-Free Profile Mode on the Connect Page.
4. Enable the audio streaming on the Capture Page or press the button on the unit.
Your Instamic is now streaming its audio feed straight to the phone, ready to be used by any application that supports the Hands-Free Bluetooth Profile.
5. Launch the ProCamera app and Enable the Bluetooth feature from the Control Panel (bottom right button).
On the Status Panel (top left), your Instamic's name and Bluetooth icon will appear to confirm the correct setup.
6. You are ready to film with the Instamic's audio embedded into your video :-)
Michele and the Instamic Team
USING INSTAMIC (and other mics) WITH THE PROCAMERA APP
Thanks so much to the ProCamera Team for putting together this video, mentioning Instamic and showcasing how to configure it with their app.
Congrats guys for an amazing photo and video app! Happy to be supported!
a. If your Instamic doesn't appear as a Bluetooth audio source, try restarting your iPhone. Thanks Jeffrey Townsend for your feedback
For any further questions, we are happy to help at firstname.lastname@example.org