1. Launch the Instamic Remote application and select Audio Recorder on the Home Page. Press OK.
2. Tap on the unit to Connect. Tap again to jump to the Capture Page
3. Press Monitor (blue button). The app will ask you to pair your device on the iOS Bluetooth Settings.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings of your iDevice and pair Instamic.
5. Go back to the Capture page and tap on Monitor (light blue button).
TROUBLESHOOTING If you cannot listen to the audio streaming, make sure to turn the silent mode off on the phone.
Your Instamic is now streaming high-quality audio to your iOS device.
Keep the Instamic Remote app open and let's jump to your macOS computer.
5. It is the time to set up your iPhone+Instamic as the microphone input on your macOS computer.
a. Launch the Audio MIDI Setup app from Applications / Utilities / Audio MIDI Setup.
b. Connect your iOS device to your macOS with a lightning cable.
c. Locate your iOS amount the Audio Device (in this case iPhone 6s Plus) and press Enable.
d. The audio from your iOS Device will be routed to your macOS computer.
6. Your iOS Device is now recognized as an audio input device by your macOS system :)
7. Select your iPhone as your input device. Alt+click on the loudspeaker icon on the top right of your screen.
or open the Sound page under System Preferences to select it.
8. Instamic is now your default macOS input source that you can use on any conference call, live-streaming, audio, video, speech-to-text applications, etc.
a. Record a video with your webcam+Instamic on Quicktime Player
b. Live stream with your webcam+Instamic on OBS
Launch OBS, add an Audio Input Capture Device, and Select iPhone. You are ready to live with Instamic.
c. Audio recording with Adobe Audition
Launch Adobe Audition, and open the app preferences.
Under Default Input choose your iOS Device connected to Instamic (in this case iPhone).
Press Record or go to File / New / Audio File.
An alternative free audio recording application that I highly recommend is Audacity
Happy recording, streaming, podcasting ...
For any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Instamic CEO and videographer.