Ava is an amazing application that helps deaf or hard-of-hearing people to enjoy a conversation in an easy and friendly way.
With Instamic, it is now possible to get full access to the smooth live transcription of Ava, Hands-Free!
Here is how to use Instamic as an external wireless microphone with Ava.
1. Launch the Instamic Remote application and select Bluetooth Microphone on the Home page.
2. Go to Settings and make sure to Disable the Auto-Gain.
3. Go to the Bluetooth Settings of your iDevice and pair Instamic.
If it was already paired, forget the device and re-pair to be sure that Instamic is recognized as a Hands-Free Device.
Two channels should be available and connected. Instamic BLE to trigger the unit and Instamic to stream the audio from Instamic to the phone (if you have renamed Instamic, the second connection will have the same name of your device's name. In this example it is "Instamic Pro").
4. Go back to Instamic Remote and make sure your Instamic is in Hands-Free Profile Mode on the Connect Page.
5. Enable the audio streaming on the Capture Page.
Your Instamic is now streaming its audio feed straight to your mobile device.
6. Download and Launch the Ava application.
7. Tap on Settings (⚙️) and Select Microphones.
8. Choose Instamic among your options.
9. Tap on the microphone icon and start speaking with everybody around you, hands-free!
For any further questions, we are happy to help at firstname.lastname@example.org
Michele and the Instamic Team