Here is how to use Instamic as an external wireless microphone on Zoom.
Once configured, you will be free to move around and do meetings, training lessons or yoga classes, hands-free :-)
1. Launch the Instamic Remote application and select Bluetooth Microphone on the Home page.
2. Go to Settings and make sure to Disable the Auto-Gain.
3. Go to the Bluetooth Settings of your iDevice and pair Instamic.
If it was already paired, forget the device and re-pair to be sure that Instamic is recognized as a Hands-Free Device.
Two channels should be available and connected. Instamic BLE to trigger the unit and Instamic to stream the audio from Instamic to the phone (if you have renamed Instamic, the second connection will have the same name of your device's name. In this example it is "Instamic Pro").
4. Go back to Instamic Remote and make sure your Instamic is in Hands-Free Profile Mode on the Connect Page.
5. Enable the audio streaming on the Capture Page.
Your Instamic is now streaming its audio feed straight to the phone, ready to be used by any application that supports the Hands-Free Bluetooth Profile.
6. Launch Zoom and make sure the Bluetooth connection is active
7. You are now ready to do your Zoom session, hands-free :)
On iOS and Android, the Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile used by Zoom and Instamic doesn't allow us to split the input (Instamic) from the output (Speaker).
To be able to listen to your guests/listeners, you will need to have another device, connected to the same meeting or webinar (make sure to mute your mic on that device).
Despite this additional requirement, we see a great opportunity using Instamic+Zoom on your iOS device because it allows you to move around with clear audio while doing exercises, training sessions or teaching, hands-free.
On Windows and macOS you can configure Instamic as the input and the loudspeakers as the output :)
For any further questions, we are happy to help at email@example.com
Michele and The Instamic Team